Mixed Ape (pt. 2)

"Don't Forget to Breath"
Bitter:Sweet
I chose this song for my mix because it's a sweet reminder to breathe.  When the emotions surrounding you are causing turmoil, just take a moment to ingest some fresh air.  


 
The woman singing, Shana Halligan is such a temptress.  Not only is she beautiful, but her voice is sexy too!  It turns out answering a Craigslist ad can get you more than some junk.  After reading an ad posted by the other half of the duo, Kiran Shahani the dream team set to work producing their first album The Mating Game.   Their distinct sound can be recognized from movies including The Devil Wears Prada, Because I said So and shows such as Grey's Anatomy, Lipstick Jungle, Samantha Who? and Smallville.

I also came across this delightful morsel:



If you aren't aware of the other contributors, you should familiarize yourself immediately.  Serj Tankian from System of a Down sings the male part and Buckethead is responsible for the charming guitar. 
The line, "I want us all together" takes my mind to my family.  I am ashamed and sad that my daughter will grow up in a broken family.  It pains me to know that because of circumstances she had very little influence on will affect the nuclear family she deserves. 


So, here's to you Tatum.  I love you and apologize for not doing my best earlier on in your life.  Never again will I half ass something.  You have my undivided devotion and love for the rest of time.  You are a beautiful little lady who inspires me daily.  Remember to breathe when things get scary, exciting, funny, dramatic...just breathe.

No comments: